20 October 2014

I No Longer ~ Meryl Streep


“I no longer have patience for certain things, 
not because I have become arrogant, 
but simply because I have reached a point in my life 
where I do not want to waste more time 
with what displeases me or hurts me. 
I have no patience for cynicism, 
excessive criticism and demands of any nature. 
I have lost the will to please those who do not like me, 
to love those who do not love me 
and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me. 
I no longer spend a single minute on those 
who lie or want to manipulate. 
I have decided not to coexist anymore 
with pretense, hypocrisy, 
dishonesty and cheap praise. 
I do not tolerate selective erudition 
nor academic arrogance. 
I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. 
I hate conflict and comparisons. 
I believe in a world of opposites 
and that is why I avoid people with rigid 
and inflexible personalities. 
In friendship I dislike 
the lack of loyalty and betrayal. 
I do not get along 
with those who do not know 
how to give a compliment 
or a word of encouragement. 
Exaggerations bore me 
and I have difficulty accepting those 
who do not like animals. 
And on top of everything, 
I have no patience for anyone 
who does not deserve my patience.” 

~ Meryl Streep :)




1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Life is full of many challenges. Challenges that will make you or break you depending on how you handle it. Visit my site for more updates. God Bless to your site.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

03 June, 2016 09:18  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home